Friday, March 17, 2023

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 11 "Lucky"

 


  Lucky

 

It was pure luck one day when a couple walked into the library where I worked, searching for some information on an ancestor. The couple was in the area for a cousin's reunion in a town about an hour south of my hometown. They had a little extra time, so decided to stop in our library.

While I chatted with them about their query, the gentleman mentioned that  his family were Rogers from Lawrenceville, Illinois. I told him that my grandpa's family was from Lawrenceville and his grandmother's sister had married a Rogers. 

What a surprise - my grandfather's grandmother's sister was his grandmother! 

He had a lovely collection of photos of the family that I had never seen before and he was so kind to share them. We have kept in touch and currently have a few other photos in the mail to each other. 💓



Sarah (Mills) and Peter Pargin with their daughters. 

My great great grandmother Goldie is standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment